Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What next God?

So, I know God moved us here for a reason and I am so thankful He did..... but, now what? I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing. Do I stay a hermit and focus on my family (which I'm actually enjoying), do I get involved at church, do I start a bible study, do I volunteer somewhere with the kids. I really feel like this season of my life is supposed to deticated to raising my family but is that it? Don't get me wrong ... I know it is a lot to raise a family but it seems like I should be doing something else .... or am I supposed to just BE! Is it just society saying 'there needs to be more' or is it God! It seems to be the never ending question for stay-at-home moms..... where do I put my time? Starting in a new place is kinda nice. I was excited that I have no committments, no obligations, no friends (besides you all of course) but it seems like at some point I have to join in the race again ..... but I don't want to! I like not having anything on my schedule. I like having the freedom to come and go as we please but is that where God wants me? Am I taking the easy road by not getting involved outside my home or am I just where God wants me .... What next God?

2 comments:

Frates Baby Farm said...

God will show you something amazing. I feel it. You are doing such a great job as wife, mom, etc. and more "titles" may reveal themselves. You are in my prayers! Love you, miss you!

littlecbsmom said...

Wow, this one really hit home with me! I am feeling the exact same way with my new move here to Oregon! I feel like the boys are missing out because so far we have very few social activities! I am kind of enjoying it too and am finding myself almost annoyed when something is on the calendar. Maybe God was forcing me to slow down and focus more on "home" too???? Let me know when you figure it out!