Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I really heard Him!

Yesterday I was taking a walk with Tessie down by our lake just enjoying the quiet and peace. As I was praying and just sharing my praise with God I began asking God to be more vocal in my life. I know He is always there but I am often moving to fast to hear Him or not really listening when He speaks. As I was asking this ... it dawned on me... as I quieted my own thoughts and just listened... all I could hear was God.... not a booming voice from heaven.... but a gentle breeze through the tall grass, the call of the osprey overhead and the gentle lapping of the water at the shore. I so often ask for God's presence but then keep talking and thinking. All this time, God is saying just be still and listen...I am all around you. There is a saying in our neck of the woods "Idaho quiet". Its true that there is a particular quiet here. Just the sound of nature. Just the sound of God.... but how easy it is to still miss it... He is right there... right here... wherever we are! We just need to quiet ourselves enough to hear!

1 comment:

Frates Baby Farm said...

How beautiful. We all need to just stop and listen more often.