Thursday, October 2, 2008

So, is this God's answer to keeping me at home?


Yesterday, the kids and I were driving home from town just enjoying the beautiful day. Recently our dirt road had been regrated and unfortunatly the edge of the road is a bit hard to determine because it turns to sand at certain points. Well ... as I'm driving along my front tire hits the sand and begins to sink. Ok... I can handle this ... hold tight .... oh shoot the back tire gets pulled in ... before I can react ... the side of the road gives way and sends us rolling over the edge! Oh ... it was so scary! We ended up on one side and as I turned to see the kids .... Tessa hanging there screaming .... Sydney completely barried with the most desperate look in her eyes .... and Parker already getting out of his seat to get "his girls" I quickly got Parker out the window and made my way to Sydney. Carefully taking things off her to make sure she wasn't hurt, all I could say was "it's ok, mommy's here" Seeing that Sydney wasn't hurt, I unbuckled her and as I turned to get her out the window (thinking I couln't take her out and leave Tess) a man gently took Sydney from my arms and asked "how many more you got in there" Thank God, only one more to get out! I quickly checked Tess and saw that she wasn't hurt either. Praise you God!!!!! Thank you!!!!! When I climbed out with Tess in my arms, I realized Parker was gone. The man (which ended up being a neighbor that heard the crash) said that he saw Parker running down the road towards home .... he was going to get daddy! He's such a little man! Another neighbor went to get Chris while a driver had already called 911 (did I mention that it is pretty rural where we live and there isn't usually too many cars or people around).
Wow! it happened so fast! I am so thankful for God's protection ... so thankful for a sturdy car and so thankful I am such a finatic with my kids carseats (Parker doesn't actually have to be in a carseat by law, but the rescue crew said they felt he would have been seriously hurt if he wasn't in a carseat .... thank you Lord!) As for the 'Cruiser' .... I am so sad to say that it is totalled! So sad ... we love our 'Cruiser'!
So, my answer to my last post .... yes, I get to be a hermit at home with my family .... I have no car! Besided being very sore today and quite easy to tears, I am feeling so thankful for God's protecion .... so thankful for car insurance and health insurance... so thankful for a husband who responded in complete love and understanding! So thankful that God always has a plan!!!!!
so, here's a few pictures after they flipped the cruiser back over .... I couldn't find my camera untill they flipped over the car and there it was under the car .... it still works ....yeah!





7 comments:

Frates Baby Farm said...

Oh my gosh Heather! I hope that everyone is okay both emotionally and physically. How scary!!! Thank goodness for seatbelts and car seats! I pray that you all heal quickly. Thank you Lord for watching over my friends. I love you all!

MickyD said...

Praise Jesus you guys are okay. I would be quick to tears for the next few days too. Please give Parker a huge hug (or amnly pat on the back) from us for being such an awesome protector for his girls. I am sure you'll be holding those kids tight today. Love you guys and we will be thinking of you everytime we get nto our car and strap into those car seats.

Love,
micky

Patty said...

How scary!! Thank the Lord that you are all okay!

auntiemoo said...

I was thinking about you all day yesterday...so weird and then I log onto my email just now and see this. Holy cow! I am so glad that you guys are ok and that you are so faithful with the car seats. It is so important. I wish I was there to help you but I know you have your family and that you are in the best hands!. Take it easy on yourself the next couple of days. All of us Bingamans are praising God that you are ok. And I'm sorry about the car. I know it's no fun to lose "stuff" that we like. Even though it's unimportant in the scope of things, it still smarts :(

Love you guys!

Christy said...

oh my gosh Heather I am so glad you are all safe. How scary. Thank you God. Yes staying home sounds really good right about now I bet.

Mom 4 Life said...

SOOOOOOO thankful that you are ok, I love you!

iammygirlsmom said...

Wow, Heather! I am so glad you and your children are okay! How are you faring now? I bet you didn't go anywhere for a while, huh!?