Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"I'm Staaaaarving"

Ugh, how I cringe every time one of my kids says these words. My children have never been in want for food. Our pantry and refrigerator are always FULL and I am quite relaxed about them snacking because they eat healthy. But yet, those words seem to pop up often........ well, tonight I've had enough. I was getting ready to prepare dinner and Parker asked if he could have a piece of fruit. I told him I was just starting to make dinner when he very pathetically declared that he was "staaaaaarving". My first thought was to let him feel what it was like to feel starved and not feed him at all, then I remembered that Parker with an actual empty stomach is not a fun person! So, hmmm, what to do! Kids around the world are blessed to even get a bowl of rice a day..... so tonight... rice it is .... and if he has some smart comment about it...... rice for breakfast tomorrow and so on until he gets it. Starving is an actual thing that children all around the world feel everyday. I will not raise self-center, close-minded children!


To be continued..........

No comments: