Wednesday, March 4, 2009

He actually got it!

I can't believe it but he got it ... the whole rice for dinner thing (previous blog).... it really hit him. We had a great conversation of how blessed we are to have the food we have and how often we get to eat. Then we went into talking about what our family has done (or not done) to deserve the life we have. Then Sydney chimes in with " this is kinda like how we've done nothing to deserve our salvation, it's just what God chose for us" hmmmm, yup, just like that baby! I love it when they get it ..... so often I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall ..... it's great to see these moments. I still can't believe they got it that easily ... Parker even chose to pass on his snack at children's church tonight ..... amazing

4 comments:

Crystal said...

That's so awesome! My kids are always "hungry" I so understand.....Funny enough I have been thinking about putting them on more of a schedule for snacks.... I am just not a scheduled person!

I am so thankful that they saw the bigger picture.... and Sydney, that just blows me away... such a sweetheart.

See you guys in the morning!

The Smith Crew said...

Heather that is so cool!

Mom 4 Life said...

That is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Faithy said...

What a great idea! I am always hearing that "staaarving" whine around here. Next time I hear it. I'm going to try it and hope that my kids will "get it" too!