Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Been a While Friend

I'm not sure why but blogging feels like an Idaho thing for me. I've even avoided reading other blogs .... I know, kinda weird. I really love being with friends in California again but I truly don't feel home here any more. Sadly, I'm afraid Chris does. He still wants to live in Idaho but I just can't seem to get him excited to make plans to get us back. Time will tell, in the mean time, I am enjoying the things of California and enjoying my family as always!
So an update ....
Baby #4 ~ is growing strong, still a pretty easy pregnancy ..... always tired of course! We tried to take a sneak peek of the sex but baby was not having it! We'll probably try again.
Tessa ~ is 20 months and is just a joy. She is very social, talkative and loves being with everyone. So happy she got through her clingy phase. She is very coordinated and holds her own keeping up with the big kids. The older two are so helpful with her, she has already learned that they can help or take care of her if she needs them (yeah, for homeschooling)
Sydney ~ is my little shadow, she is incredibly helpful. Everyday she amazes me with how in tune she is to me, it really is clear that we are kindred spirits! She is doing really well in school and has great determination, I often have to tell her that's enough for today. She is so social and really enjoys her little friends.
Parker ~ is my Boy, he has my heart in such a special way. He is my greatest daily challenge but also brings me the greatest sense of accomplishment. This kid is going to conquer the world. He is excelling in school, Chris and I often find him still reading in his bed at night when we go to bed (again, yeah, homeschooling, no alarm clocks) He will play with anyone anywhere and is always up for some fun.
Chris ~ is busy with work with his dad. Praise the Lord they have plenty of work. He has recently taken on a leadership role at church as a small group leader. The group will be for couples in our home and we are really looking forward to this. Of course he still fishes as much as he can. He has his annual trip to Colorado with a buddy in a few weeks and he is so excited!
Heather ~ besides playing with the kiddos ..... I have been enjoying my growing friendships. I was recently asked to serve on a board for a growing non-profit that is close to my heart (still praying about that one) and continue to seek God's direction for a women's study. With my lack of energy and my crazy hormones .... I'm just happy to make it one day at a time right now!

So, you can see we are doing well and reminded daily of God's amazing grace! We are so grateful for the love and support of our friends and family!

4 comments:

Brigitte said...

So good to hear your news and catch up on life. Hope things keep going well. Don't give up on your dream of Idaho. You made it once it can happen again. We should get together sometime. I bet Tessa and Sofie would have a blast. :)

Jackie said...

Heather
i am so glad to hear things are going well. I have been thinking about you a lot!! but it sounds like things are wonderfully peaceful :)

please keep in touch with us idahoians - miss you
~jackie

Crystal said...

I am glad to hear all is well. Ava has been walking around asking McKenna where Sidny and Parker are?

So you guys are far from forgotten!

Luv to you all!
Crystal

SLANCE said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm sorry things didn't work out up here...maybe another time. It's good to see that you guys are dong well...
Tell Chris hi for me!

Lance Beck