Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Mommy, what is Sex?"

So the other day I walked into Parker's room to put away some of Tessy's laundry and Parker was on his bed reading his Bible (he's been doing that a lot lately... yeah!) As I was opening Tessy's drawer, Parker hit me with the big question "Mommy, what is sex?" Eeek, wasn't ready for that one. So I asked him why he was asking, then he read from his bible Hebrew 13:4. At that very moment I almost began to cry ... not because my son was old enough to ask about sex ... not because I didn't know what to say .... but because my husband and I have a made a choice. A choice to read our bibles at times that our kids can see us.... a choice to homeschool so that we are the biggest influence in their day ... a choice to teach our children the importance of a respectful and pure relationship between a husband and wife. A choice that has honored God and given me a beautiful moment to share with my first born. My son is asking me about a very beautiful and wonderful gift from God beacuse he read about it in his Bible not because little "Billy" on the playground said his big sister does it. This is how God intended it to be. Thank you, God, for this gift in Parker and for this moment to share with him!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a sweet moment! You're a great mommy :)

littlecbsmom said...

Awesome, what a wondeful thing! It is such a great confirmation of why I am homeschooling and making certain "choices" too! I loved this post!