Monday, January 19, 2009

Every Woman Needs a Little Adventure

Ok girls, for all of you who have read Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. We as women need a little adventure, we need to be needed, and we need to feel a part of a bigger picture. So, today when Chris asked me if I would help him split some wood I thought no problem ..... but I had no idea how fullfilling this would be. First of all my very sexy husband is so strong and good at these kind of things (always good to see your husband at his prime).... bonus one..... and he truly needed me, no one else could have done what I did for him and he could not have done it without me ..... bonus two ...... and together we split enough wood to keep our children warm this winter..... bonus three.... I'm loving this adventure. I'm exhausted and sore but so happy!


If you haven't read Captivating I highly recommend it, it truly changed my life (this is the only book I can say that about) It is a great book to do with a small group of women and they even have study material you can get. Men, if you really want to know your wife ..... read this book!

Ok, bonus number four..... Sydney just looked out the window at Chris stacking the wood and said "oh look mommy, daddy is doing so good. He really is our hero" then she proceeded to the kitchen to get a muffin to take out to him that she baked this morning! She is becoming such a beautiful little housewife!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love working with Mark the way you did with Chris and the wood! You feel like such a team! I'll have to go find that book now...

Crystal said...

Guess I need to read that book if it inspired you to "get wood"!!!!!

I play the good house wife and feed Ryan and his friend a good breakfast, and lunch when they get back!

The closest I have gotten to wood, is sitting on a stump while he splits! He loves that..... takes him longer cuz he has to listen to me rattle on... oh well....

Looks like I have a lesson to learn from another 'city girl' :)