Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've Finally Done It!!!!!

I have had great intentions of creating a blog since we moved to Idaho ..... and finally here it is!!! We are really loving it here. I can't believe the things my kids get to do here. They spend most of their day out in the forest or down at the lake. Parker has become quite familiar driving the quad and using the tractor..... the other day he ran in very enthusiastically, needing to use the computer to look up "how to skin a squirrel" (he's got quite the shot with a BB gun) Sydney keeps up quite easily with Parker. It is so fun to see her bounce from a tea party in the play room to building a fort in the forest with Parker then in the kitchen baking with mom.
We are having a great time exploring our new area. We just got back today from Yellowstone and we had a wonderful time. It is such a blessing to really feel like you are living the way God intended you to. We plan to visit Glacier National Park next and hope to venture up into Canada soon.
My brother Damian and his wife Victoria were just up for a visit. We had a wonderful time with them, it is really weird living so far from them. Chris' parents are coming up next week.... we can't wait and our friend Josh is coming up in October for a fishing trip with Chris. We love having visitors and truly hope that more of you will plan a vacation up ....
Chris is keeping busy with our new screen printing business. He is also working at a local lodge www.lodgeatsandpoint.com just a few days a week as the business is starting. He fishes a few times a week and has been busy working on a fishing boat that he bought a week or so ago (he is in heaven) I really love having him around so much. It has been so great for the kids.
I am really enjoying the way of life up here. I'm enjoying baking and cooking, love that I get to buy my produce from a neighbor down the way, and am really cherishing the slower life.
We have found a church that we really like but aren't quit ready to call it home. This coming Sunday the church is having an event called "Serve Sandpoint" We are meeting at church for a short time of worship then we are spreading out into the community to do various service projects (right up my alley). We attended their family camp a few weeks back and made some nice connections. It is a bible teaching, missions minded church and we are just waiting on God to make it our home or take us some where else.
God has been so faithful .... although we deeply miss our friends and family ..... we really feel like this is our home. He has provided in more ways than we could have expected and we so look forward to our journey ahead.
I'll try to update often and will probably just journal sometimes to share what God is doing in the DeWitt family. We miss you all and so appreciate the calls, e-mails and letters (especially to the kids)
We pray this finds you actively living for your Saviour
All our Love, the DeWitt Family

6 comments:

Mom 4 Life said...

Yipee you have a blog for me to read now!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip in person this weekend.

MickyD said...

Yay!! Can't wait for more.
Love, Micky

Elise said...

Hi Heather,
How fun that you have a blog now. Now I can enjoy your stories and pictures too! I'm so glad you are finding a home in Idaho and I can't wait to visit. It will happen soon, I know that. I can't stand seeing Parker and Sydney growing so terribly tall and old and wise without me being there! This monday I was babysitting a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl and they reminded me a lot of P&S. Can't wait to meet Tessa too!
Much love,
Elise

Christy said...

ya' for starting a blog! I am looking forward to checking in on your family. We love visiting Idaho and will have to come see you next time we make it there.Its really beautiful there! Have a great day!!!

Faithy said...

Hoorah for joining in on the blog era! :) We miss you guys and look forward to keeping up with your daily happenings via your blog. Sounds like you really enjoying Idaho, we prayed you would :)
We look forward to hearing more and seeing more pics of the kids too.
our love-the Oates

Stacy said...

Heather... you have been on my mind for weeks and soo glad I found you on the web... We were just up in Yellowstone on 8/19 and Glacier on 8/21... visting our old friends that live in Montana.... sooo happy to see you family well and in Idaho were you longed to be... we miss ya.. The Yoders